A Spatial Bookmark is a named marker that identifies the zoom extents of a particular location or selection of objects. The bookmark can be saved to the network for future reference. This allows the user to jump to views of areas around the network easily by accessing saved bookmarks.
Spatial bookmarks are created when you select an option from the GeoPlan | Spatial Bookmarks sub-menu. Selecting one of these menu options displays the Spatial Bookmark dialog with initial settings for zoom extent coordinates:
- Add from view - coordinates are set from the extents of the currently displayed view in the GeoPlan Window.
- Add from selection - coordinates are set from the extents of the view that will be displayed when zooming to selection. If there is no selection, coordinates are set from the extents of the currently displayed view in the GeoPlan Window.
- Add by coordinates - coordinates are set to the centre of the current view extents. Manually define coordinates to be used as view extents.
Enter a name for the bookmark in the dialog and click OK to create the bookmark.
Saved bookmarks for the current network are viewed in the Spatial Bookmarks Window displayed via the Window | Spatial bookmarks window menu option.
Click on a bookmark in the window to jump to the bookmarked view in the GeoPlan Window.
Spatial bookmark management is carried out using the Manage Spatial Bookmarks dialog. To display the dialog
The Manage Spatial Bookmarks dialog displays a list of the bookmarks for the current network.
- Edit - select a bookmark from the list and click Edit to display the Spatial Bookmark dialog for that bookmark. The Spatial Bookmark dialog can be used to rename and/or adjust the coordinates for the bookmark.
- Delete - select a bookmark from the list and click Delete to remove the bookmark from the list.
- Show - select a bookmark from the list and click Show to zoom to the bookmark on the GeoPlan.
- Export - click Export to export the current list of bookmarks to .xml format.
- Import - click Import to import bookmarks from .xml format. Note that any existing bookmarks will be removed prior to import.