A Line object is a polyline made up of a series of vertices and edges. Vertices can be moved, deleted or added. Vertices can also be snapped to vertices of other polygon or polyline objects. These shared vertices can then be moved together. See the Advanced Polygon and Polyline Editing section for details on editing polyline geometry.
The following objects are available for InfoWorks and SWMM networks:
- General Lines: represent features that act as break lines or walls during the mesh generation process when undertaking 2D modelling.
- Porous Walls: represent walls with specified porosity and height. Used as part of the mesh generation process when undertaking 2D modelling.
Note: For InfoWorks networks, porous walls have been superseded by Base Linear Structure (2D) objects which allow elevation to be specified in addition to X and Y.
- 2D Boundary: used to define alternative boundary conditions along a section of 2D Zone boundary when undertaking 2D modelling.
- Head Unit Flow: used to define a head-unit flow relationship for use in controlling the flow through a 2D Boundary and, for InfoWorks networks only, a Base Linear Structure (2D).
The following line objects are only available for InfoWorks networks:
- Base Linear Structures (2D): represent structures such as walls and weirs. Used as part of the mesh generation process when undertaking 2D modelling.
- Sluice Linear Structures (2D): represent sluice gates within Base Linear Structures (2D).
- Bridge Linear Structures (2D): represent bridges within Base Linear Structures (2D).
- River Lines: (cross section lines and bank lines) - used in the process of building a River Reach, Bridge or Inline Bank object.
- Network Results Lines (2D): used to interrogate results within a 2D mesh.