Point objects in an InfoWorks network include:
- General Points: used to store surveyed point data which can then be used to provide elevation data when Creating a TIN Ground Model
- 2D Point Sources: associated with a flow-time profile in an Inflow event to provide a point inflow into a 2D mesh
- Network Results Points (1D): associated with a link to provide results at a point within the 1D network.
- Network Results Points (2D): used to interrogate point results within a 2D mesh.
- Damage Receptors: used to represent a building/structure within a 2D mesh for the purpose of providing flooding information for use in Risk Analysis Runs.
The only type of point object in a SWMM network is a Rain Gage, which is associated with a rainfall profile from a rainfall event to provide a source of precipitation data for use in subcatchments or unit hydrograph groups.