Displaying Labels on the GeoPlan
There are two types of label available for use on the GeoPlan:
- Auto labels are simple read-only labels that can be used to display a network identifier and / or the value of the parameter displayed in the current active theme. Auto labels can also be customised to include user defined text and values of selected parameters.
- Custom labels are configurable labels that can be more complex than auto labels. Network object parameters, user defined text or field values can be used to make up custom labels.
Editing or setting up custom labels may have an impact on tooltips.
- Right-click in the GeoPlan Window and select Properties & Themes from the popup menu. This displays the GeoPlan Properties dialog.
- On the Layers and Themes page, check the AutoLabel box for each object type to be labelled. Labels will be displayed for all objects of that type.
- Check the Label Theme box if you want the label text to be displayed using the same colour as the current theme for the object type. You must also check the Colour As Thematic box on the Auto Labels and Tooltips page for this option to take effect. Note that theme coloured labels will not be drawn for objects displayed at very low visibility.
- On the Auto Labels and Tooltips page, choose any additional label display options.
Turning the display of auto labels on and off in the GeoPlan Window is controlled via the Layers and Themes page of the GeoPlan Properties dialog.
To display a custom label for a specific network object:
- Click on a network object. If more than one network object is under the cursor, select the correct one from the list. Only one custom label can be attached per network object.
- A custom label gets added to the object. If you have not used labels before, the label will only contain the object ID. If you have used labels before and set up defaults, then the label will contain all the fields/data you have specified as defaults. See the Editing Custom Labels section of this topic for more information on editing labels or the Custom Label Settings dialog for details on how to specify label defaults.
Clicking on a network object that is already attached to a custom label will result in the label being hidden.
Displaying custom labels for a selection of objects
It is possible to custom label several network objects simultaneously.
- Select several objects on the GeoPlan using the selection tools of your choice. See Selecting Network Objects on the GeoPlan for more details.
- Right-click on an empty area of the GeoPlan and select Selection on the context menu, then Selection operations | Custom label selected objects
- Choose Selection operations | Custom label selected objects from the Selection menu.
- Right-click on the GeoPlan and select Properties from the context menu.
- In the Layers and Themes page of the GeoPlan Properties dialog, click Custom Label for a specific object type (layer).
- The Custom Label Settings dialog is displayed. From there, customise the labels and their appearance. See the Custom Label Settings Dialog for more details on customising and saving labels.
Choose Clear all custom labels from the GeoPlan menu.
You can save your current set of configurable labels in a Label List object in the master database. You can then reload the same labels, with the same data and positions, at any time. See Saving Custom Labels for more information.
Labels on the GeoPlan are not saved with the network. If the GeoPlan is closed all label information will be lost. Either save the labels in a Label List or create a Workspace to save the label information of the currently open GeoPlan.
Replays of the simulation
Summary results can be displayed for one or more network objects using labels on either the GeoPlan Window
Use the tools on the Replay Toolbar to move to a specific timestep for closer inspection of results values.
See Graphical Feedback on Custom Labels for further information.
It is also possible to configure tooltips on the Geoplan. See Customising Tooltips for further information.