The Main Window is used for displaying other, subsidiary windows or views.
The Main Window can be divided into three main areas:
- Left - The left part of the Main Window is the default location for the following windows:
- Explorer Window - displays the data in the current master database in a hierarchical tree view.
- Object Properties Window - displays the Property Sheet for a selected network object. Property Sheets provide a way of looking at all the data for a single network object in a structured and customisable way.
- Thematic Key Window - displays the GeoPlan Window symbols and current themes for the open GeoPlans in a tree view.
- Job Progress Window - displays the status of the job currently being executed.
- Middle - The middle part of the Main Window is the default location for the following windows:
- GeoPlan Window - displays a selected network. This window is opened by dragging the icon for a network from the Explorer Window onto the main window background.
Network View - provides a view of the ground surface of a
nInfoWorks network that has a ground model loaded on its GeoPlan View.
- 3D Manhole View - displays a 3D animation of a selected manhole and connecting links.
- Network Object Grid Windows - spreadsheet-style Grid Windows listing objects present in the network.
- Bottom - The bottom part of the Main Window is the default location for the following windows:
- Right - The right part of the Main Window is the default location for the following windows:
Example of layout in InfoWorks ICM
The windows will display data relating to the current master database. To change the master database, click on the Open Another Master Database icon ( ) from the File toolbar and select the desired master database. For more information, see Master Database.
The subsidiary windows contained in the main window can be closed by clicking on their close window buttons, in the top right-or left-hand corner of the window. You can close all open windows by selecting Close all from the Window menu.